Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year everyone!

I ended 2009 on a bit of a sour note, one that will effect my financial standing a little bit. Yesterday I was reversing my car, looking over my right shoulder at a power pole, making sure I didn't hit it. As I was looking over my right shoulder, I didn't see the tree behind me and alas, hit it. The damage is pretty bad and it looks like I will have to get my entire boot replaced. An unpainted boot costs $759 and then I have to get it painted and installed. Needless to say, my emergency fund will soon be depleted.

I am not particularly happy about it. I had big plans and they'll now have to be put on hold in order for me to scrimp and save for the money to get it fixed. But from now on, I won't reverse my car without taking extra special care.


1 comment:

  1. Is that a brand new boot? Maybe you could try sourcing a secondhand one at the wreckers. We picked up the entire boot (hatch back door of our Familia) for under $100.

    ReplyDelete