Thursday, March 4, 2010

Extreme Measures

What a busy week!

On Tuesday, I called up to get a pay out figure for my car, which is my only source of debt (I have an investment property, but don't count that as it's jointly held, so if I made extra payments, I'd be disadvantaging myself). I was expecting it to be around the $10 000 mark.

$13 482.

I was devastated. I honestly did not think it would be that much money.

So I have decided to take some extreme measures. I emptied out all of my bank accounts ($2500) and paid that onto the car, which should bring my balance to $10 982.

I am now determined to get rid of that debt by September! And I think it is definitely doable. I already had some commitments this weekend that will be a little pricey, but after those, I am really going to watch my spending. I need food and fuel, that is it. There are plenty of free or very cheap things I can do for entertainment, so I must get on it! Sometimes it will be hard and I'm sure I'll stumble and spend/waste my money, but I am really determined to get rid of this debt!

So begins this journey!


No comments:

Post a Comment