Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I Love Being a Homeowner

It has been just under a month since I moved into my new house. I can't believe it! So far, so good!

This weekend just gone, I bought a dryer and a chest of drawers for my bedroom. I'm now done. There is nothing else I need. There isn't even that much that I want, apart from a couple of decorative type things. I don't have any outdoor furniture, but have two chairs I've put out there. So while I can't have guests sit outside with me, that's not a necessity.

Downstairs is all set up and nice and lovely. Upstairs however is still a little bit messy. My parents bought the last of my stuff down over the weekend so it's still quite messy upstairs.

I am slowly getting into a routine. I took my first turn at cooking on a weekend and freezing stuff and it has worked out well. It makes evenings so much simpler as when I get home from work, I am definitely not in the mood for much cooking. So now all I need to prepare is my veggies and the main meal part is all ready.

This weekend I am going to a nearby town (four hours away) to visit my sister's boyfriend. He has just joined the Army and is doing his training. This is his first weekend off and my sister cannot come down so I'm going on her behalf. Hopefully it will cheer him up a bit.

I have started trawling through old blogs looking for tips to save money. Any advice would be appreciated :)

1 comment:

  1. I think your on the right track, your not buying unnecessary pieces of furniture and now your organising your meals correctly so well done. I,ve joined the cheapskates website and there are hundreds of money saving ideas in there.

    ReplyDelete