Wednesday, April 28, 2010

On Business

I am currently on business in Darwin for the week. For those American readers, Darwin is at the very top of Australia and is a very hot, tropical city. I lived here for six years as a child and it's great to be back! It has changed a lot but at the same time, it's fun to see many places I used to go to as a child that really haven't changed at all.

I get allowances for all my meals etc. whilst here. I don't need $20 for breakfast each day (bought milk and cereal from the supermarket) so I will actually probably make a profit out of this trip. Yay! Not to mention that I won't be spending my usual amount of money anyway.

No one commented on my previous post about my budget. I would absolutely love some feedback, if anyone is out there!


1 comment:

  1. Hi there I have just found your blog and I am consumed with jealousy over the amount of money you have left after Tax etc. etc. as I fall into the low income bracket.
    I am about 6/7 years away from retiring with no assets to my name only an old banger of a car, and a mountain of debt.
    So I am thrilled to find that you are not going to be making the same mistakes as I did, this is a lesson I am teaching my Kids and my Grandkids, my Granny used to tell me that if you look after the pennies the pounds will take care of themselves, oh how I wish I,d listened.
    I,ll be following you with interest and I agree with Meg an emergency fund is an essential.

    ReplyDelete