Saturday, December 11, 2010

The Ball Drops

As previously mentioned, I read a lot of personal finance blogs. I am an addict. However, one thing that always stumped is how and why people would spend so much money on Christmas! I just couldn't figure it out. Admittedly I do not have children, but even for the single people out there, it just seemed like they spent a lot.

That was until today.

Next Saturday I am holding a Christmas dinner at my house. So today I started planning for it and had to do some non-food shopping for it. Wow, it's quite pricey. And I haven't even bought the food yet!

Any suggestions on how to keep the costs down?


1 comment:

  1. I used to spend an absolute fortune on Christmas, but his year the money is just not there nor is the desire to spend as much.

    I normally hold Christmas dinner as I love the traditional Turkey with the lot style of meal the decorations, the table settings and of course the food cost lots, so this year I am going to allow those coming to contribute to the meal, hopefuly they will ask what i want them to bring so I have some control.

    I have also cut back on presents this year, and will be concentrating on my Grandkids, with 1 adult Secret Santa gift. We had an expensive Wedding just 4 weeks ago which we paid for with cash and so the bank account needs building up again.

    I know first Christmas in your own house you want everything to be perfect, but just remember that it,s you they are coming to see and not what you have to give them.

    ReplyDelete