Saturday, December 11, 2010

Bring on Summer!

It is summer over here in the Southern Hemisphere. Today in my city, it was 32 degrees (that's Celsius folks). So, so warm. I am going home to my parents house for Christmas but will be back at work on the 4th of January. This means I will be spending a large chunk of the summer at my own house.

I have a small yard. I suppose you would call it a courtyard because apart from a garden all the way along the back fence, it is all concrete. One half is covered in by a patio. Now that it is warming up, I would like to be able to sit out there enjoying a cold beverage and possibly do some entertaining out there as well.

So I have been on the lookout for an outdoor setting that is reasonably priced. This is a little harder than it sounds, most are ridiculously expensive. Now that I am holding a Christmas dinner next weekend, I was looking for one even more earnestly so that I can utilise the outdoor table to make my indoor table a bit longer for the dinner.

Today I found on. It is a lovely slatted wood and cost $160. The chairs are each $49, however I didn't buy them today. I have enough chairs for my dinner so will purchase one outdoor chair at a time after Christmas. There is no rush on this as I live alone and if I do want to entertain out there, I can move my inside chairs out for the day.

I am very happy with my purchase. It was hard to get it from my car into my house (my brother helped me get it into the car but then we went out separate ways). It only took me about five minutes to build and it's now sitting at the end of my dining table ready for my dinner this weekend!


1 comment:

  1. Excellent, I love when I find exactly what I,m looking for at a price I can afford. Hopefully when you get round to buying the chairs they are still in stock !!

    ReplyDelete