Saturday, October 13, 2012

I'm Back

Last night, I was reading through the archives of one of my favourite personal finance blogs. I had left a comment on one of the posts, and I had done so under AussieSaver. I clicked on my comment and was transported back to this blog. I read through all of my old posts and very quickly decided to start posting again.

Over the past few weeks, I have been re-evaluating my financial situation and have wanted to tighten the belt and refocus my savings goals. However, apart from making this decision, I had done little else toward this goal. This blog is of course the best way to monitor and inspire this decision. So I'm back- hopefully my faithful readers are still out there!

It has been almost a year since my last post and a lot has happened since then:

- I moved to a new city. I was transferred due to my job. It is approximately three hours from my previous city and the location of my house. As such, I was unable to live in it. My house was vacant for just under a month before I secured a tenant and so far, everything has gone well. He recently signed a further 12 month contract, so I am pretty happy being a landlord.

- Though I haven't made a final decision, I am still perusing real estate in my new city, thinking about buying. The main reason for this is that I HATE paying rent. I think it's such a waste of money. I will probably be here for a few years, so am considering purchasing. I will continue researching and see what I come up with.

- I sold all of my shares. Lucky I did too, a few weeks later they all fell and I would have lost a significant amount of money.

That's about it. So I currently have a mortgage, am renting and just basically plodding along. But I want to change that, I want to refocus and get back on the personal finance bandwagon!

Comment if you're still out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment