Wednesday, August 5, 2009

My Experiences with Credit Cards

I got my first credit card when I was twenty years old. Prior to that, I did have a Visa debit card (that’s for another post), but that was mainly so I could book flights over the internet to go home and visit my family.


The reason I got my credit card was because I was heading over to Europe. Though I was paying for the trip myself, it was my first time travelling overseas without my parents. I know I’m an adult, but I was a little nervous about that. I didn’t want to end up stranded in a foreign country without any money. So I got the credit card as a backup.


I don’t think I have ever been charged any interest on the card. I often put money on it in order to build up a bit of extra money for something I’m saving for. I have found my credit card had been useful. It allows me to pay for big purchases when I don’t have the money handy- and by that, I mean it is in my ING account. It takes three days for ING savings to transfer. So if I need/want something there and then, I can use my credit card and then simply transfer the money from ING to pay it off.


I know credit cards are what a lot of people become unstuck with, causing them a great deal of financial difficulty. I don’t predict that happening to me, but then again, I doubt those people who have gotten into trouble with credit cards predicted it either.


No comments:

Post a Comment