Friday, November 5, 2010

Back to Normal

For the last three weeks, I have been attending a work course in two different cities. The cities are a reasonable distance from home so I came home both weekends (one of which I bought my car on). But the petrol money does add up!

Now that I'm back, I'm looking forward to getting back into the swing of things. Since I bought a car for almost $20 000 less than I was originally planning, my payment plan will have it paid off even quicker, which I'm very excited about. I'm determined to get rid of the car debt ASAP, so am keen to come up with some small creative ways to pay it off.

Upstairs, I have a whole heap of stuff that I need to put on Ebay not only to make a little extra money but also to just plain get rid of it. So that will net a little bit of money, but hey, every dollar counts!

For the next month I should be getting a little extra money at work as my boss will be away so I will be doing his job and getting paid for it, which will also help. I'm not planning to have a wild and crazy Christmas. I convinced my family to do Secret Santa this year so I only have one $200 gift to buy, which will save a fair bit of money (I come from a family of six, plus my sister's partner).

Does anyone else have any little suggestions?

1 comment:

  1. We are also doing a secret Santa this year except for my Grandchildren, it gives everyone a really good gift rather than several things you would never wear or use.

    ReplyDelete