Saturday, November 20, 2010

New Credit Card

I have been reading personal finance blogs for the last few years and one thing that is common throughout is people who have debt under control using their credit cards to get points, in order to redeem them for some sort of reward. I have been very frustrated that Australia didn't seem to have any good reward credit cards that did not have a roughly $200 annual fee.

However, Woolworths (big supermarket chain and where I do all of my grocery shopping) have just released a Qantas Frequent Flyer credit card. The fee is only $89, around $20 more than my current credit card. However, for that extra $20, I will earn points for everything I buy.

I never carry any credit card debt, however they are a very convenient way of spending money, as long as you make sure you pay it off in full each month. I would, however, like to get something for my money, and frequent flyer points would be great! My parents live in another state, so I have to cough out money to go and visit them. By earning points on money I was going to spend anyway, this could cut those costs down, sometimes maybe even eliminating them all together!

I will happily pay the extra $20 to get me some extra points for my everyday shopping!

1 comment:

  1. I use my Woolworths reward card everytime I shop, and it is also linked to my Quantas Frequent Flyer account so I get the points without having to use a CC.
    However if you can pay everything with your CC and put it back in every month then I think it,s a really good idea.

    ReplyDelete