Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Please. Give What You Can

As I'm sure everyone has probably heard, Queensland, an Australian state, is currently being absolutely devastated by floods. The death toll is rising, as is the truly destructive nature of the water. I have been brought to tears from the TV footage. I have seen many tragedies on the news in my life, but none has moved me as much as this.

If you can, please dig deep and make a donation. So far, $32 million has been raised but so much more is needed. Queensland is a huge state and the majority of it has been devastated.

You can make a tax deductible donation at http://telethon.smartservice.qld.gov.au/.

Your thoughts and prayers would also be appreciated!


1 comment:

  1. Being in the thick of it I made my donation during the telethon, but then discovered that it had affected some of my son-in-Laws family in Toowoomba and a cousin just outside of Ipswich.
    I cant reach them and often during today I have been unable to contact them by phone, so the wait continues.
    Thanks for your post.

    ReplyDelete