Saturday, January 8, 2011

Unplanned Splurge

I know I said I was done with the spending, but I bought one more thing this morning. Now I'm done.

As I mentioned in a previous post, my New Years resolution is about getting fit and healthy. I am actually required to pass a fitness test as part of my job, so this resolution is actually also an investment in my career. However, over the last six months I have really let my exercise and diet slide, so much so that in December, I failed my fitness test. Not a good thing!

A few days ago my mum called me to tell me that she had bought an exercise bike for $149 at Aldi for her and my dad to use. I did a bit of research and this is a great price. My brother is qualified in fitness training so I spoke to him and he said it's definitely a decent bike, especially for that price.

So this morning I got up early and went to Aldi to buy one. Though it is mainly running that I do to keep fit, in bad weather that's not possible. Also, in the winter months when it is dark, I don't like running around my neighbourhood on my own. As I live alone, it would take a while for someone to notice that I was missing, so it's not something I like to do. The exercise bike will solve that problem as I can use it no matter what time it is and no matter what the weather is like.

Now I'm done spending, I swear!

1 comment:

  1. I was really lucky with my exercise bike as it originally belonged to my Daughter, but when she upgraded to a treadmill she had no room or need for it.
    I love it and you will too.

    ReplyDelete