Thursday, July 23, 2009

Reality Check

I know I haven't been posting as frequently since I returned from my trip, and I do apologise. To be honest, I don't actually think I have any regular readers, but still, my apologies.

My final semester of uni started on Monday. I can't believe I am mere months from graduating! I actually think I am going to miss it! I've spent the past sixteen years of my life studying- I won't know what to do with myself once that's gone. Here's hoping the semester goes by without a hitch!

I have received my job assignment for the next three years. It's on the outskirts of a major city and is in a nice area. The actual job I will be doing is very high tempo, very stressful and involves long hours. I'm quite excited as I'll learn a lot. However, since finding this out, I've done some re-evaluation in terms of buying a home.

I still plan to save, research and look for a home next year, getting to know the area . However, my goal between now and the end of 2010 is to pay off my car. Until I have that debt out of the way, I feel like I would be getting in a little bit over my head with another mortgage. I think this is the responsible decision and, due to my low cost of living, I should be able to do it by the end of next year.

In other news, I submitted my tax return today and will be getting a $1500 refund. That, plus an extra $200 of my next pay cheque, will be going straight to my brother which will make me completely debt free to him! I'm very excited about that!

As always, if anyone is out there, please comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment