Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Which bank?

I have read a lot of personal finance blog stories about the time kids were taken to the bank by their parents to open up their very first bank account. That never happened with me. My parents opened a bank account for me when I was just a few months old. I had a bank book as a child and would bank any pocket money or birthday money I received through that.


As a result, I have been with that same bank ever since. A few times I have considered changing but, as long as I’m a student (only another six months), I get a great deal with them. I did join my work credit union when I first got my current job, but that was more in order to take advantage of their credit card deal and also to have a branch on campus.


When ING Direct first came out- or rather when I first noticed it was out- I opened a few accounts. I currently have around seven sub-accounts in ING. I love it! Though the phenomenal interest rate that I received when it first opened has now all but disappeared, I still really enjoy it. I love that I can have the sub accounts and that I can arrange for money to go in there each pay without me lifting a finger.


So I basically use three banks, all to varying degrees. I find it easy to manage and helps me keep track of my different sorts of spending.


What about everyone else out there? How many banks do you use? Which ones?

No comments:

Post a Comment