Monday, July 20, 2009

You Spent How Much?

Over the last Christmas break, I travelled to Europe for around three weeks. It was all paid for by my own money, I didn’t put any of it on credit and I had the most amazing time. One of the reasons I was able to afford such an amazing trip was that I had no plans to spend big while I was there. I was going there for the experiences, not to buy things!


I did set some money aside to buy myself, my older brother and my parents some art, but apart from that, I only picked up one or two small things for myself and my other siblings. However, then I went to Venice.


For those who have never been to Venice, they’re famous for their glassware and it’s everywhere! I found the most beautiful champagne flutes I had ever seen. I just had to have them. I did take the entire day to deliberate, but in the end, decided to buy them!


They cost me almost $400. This might not sound like much to people out there, but for a twenty year old student in Europe for the first time, this was HUGE!


However, I do not regret my purchase. Now, every time I use them, I think of my trip and what a spectacular time I had there!


No comments:

Post a Comment