Sunday, October 4, 2009

Back to the Daily Grind

Tomorrow, I fly home after spending ten days at my parent's house on holiday. I was blessed with amazingly warm weather and thoroughly enjoyed the first break I've had from uni and work since mid-January.

I could definitely stay another ten days, which hasn't always been the case. I remember the first few times I came back after moving out of home, I wanted nothing more than to get out of here. I had set up my new, independent life and I liked it. I had my own routines and I really didn't have to think about anyone but myself. But when I would come to visit my family, there were now four more people in the house who I had to care about. Yes, other people live in my dorm, but it's not the same as being with family. I felt crowded and as though my independence had been snatched.

But this time, I had a really good time. I still did my own thing but there just seemed to be a better balance and we all got along great. I didn't really do anything exciting, a lot of the time I just bummed around the house. But I got to do it with people I don't get to see very often and that made all the difference.

From a financial point of view, I didn't spend too much money which is always a positive. I haven't worked out the exact figures but I think I would have only spent about $150 all up which is great!

I'm off to bed before I have to get on that plane. I really don't want to go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment