Monday, October 26, 2009

Super Update

Well it has certainly been a little while since I've posted. We're down to about 40 days until graduation, and it's a tremendous feeling. I'm just preparing for exams as best I can, don't want any nasty surprises preventing me from graduation.

I am still doing my best to save and not spend too frivolously, but also trying to enjoy myself, at least a little.

I got my superannuation (like 401k, just Australia's version of retirement savings) summary yesterday. I have $28 000 in there. Not heaps I know but I have only been working full time for three years and don't have a particularly high salary. I contribute the maximum 10% that is allowed. Maybe in ten years or so I will open a private account in order to contribute more, but that's not something I'm focusing on right now.


No comments:

Post a Comment