Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Travelling Disaster

You always hear horror stories about people who have had to spend all day in an airport due to delayed or cancelled flight. I thought that was all they were, horror stories. Not so.

I arrived at my local airport at 10:45am on Monday morning. I did not arrive in my city (a two hour flight) until 11pm that night. I spent over nine hours in an airport and another hour in a taxi to a different airport.

Though it wasn't really anyone's fault, I was still immensely frustrated and not very impressed with how this unnamed airline handled things. I have never had any issue with them (or any other airline) before, but it seems on Monday, everything that could go wrong did go wrong. They didn't keep any of us informed which was incredibly frustrating.

I did arrive home safe though so I suppose that is the main thing. If I can avoid it, I won't be travelling with this airline anytime soon, preferring to stick to my favourite but sometimes more expensive airline, Qantas. Sometimes I think the extra money is worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment