Monday, June 14, 2010

I'm Back!

My meeting with the solicitors went well, as did the building and pest inspection. There is nothing that came up in the report, but as an aside, he suggested I re-grout the main shower. Sounds like a job for my handy grandfather! So that was all very good news.

After coming home and doing some last minute chores, I headed to the airport and flew to Melbourne. I spent the weekend with my friend J, who I went to uni with. She is one of my best friends but, since we graduated, I hadn't seen her. So it was fantastic to catch up! I also caught up with my friend M, my closest friend from high school. I hadn't seen her in almost three years so thoroughly enjoyed that!

I did probably over-do it with the spending, but not by too much. I had budgeted for the hotel and eating out, but I also did a little bit of shopping. No big deal, but it will be the last shopping I do for a while. Definitely need to tighten the belt!

I know I said I'd do a daily spending report on here but didn't really keep track over the weekend so I'll start that again tomorrow.

Does anyone have any advice for tightening the belt? Would love to hear your suggestions!


1 comment:

  1. Write it down and blog it, it,s the best way I know of to stop you spending money on trivial things. I also write out a budget for the Month and allocate myself a pocket money amount this will vary from month to month depending on my outgoings for the month.

    I also use the jars, when working our my monthly budget and anything left in them at the end of the month goes into savings. good luck.

    ReplyDelete