Friday, June 18, 2010

Update

Today (Friday), I spent a total of $1.00 for a can of soft drink at work. I added a bit too much sweet-chilli sauce to my lunch and my mouth was on fire so I splurged. Usually I bring soft drink from home a couple of days a week to negate the cost, so this really was a one off.

We are hopefully exchanging contracts on Monday. I am excited and nervous, hoping everything will pan out. So far, so good. Fingers crossed!

I am starting to have a lot of second thoughts, but I think it's just nerves. I had a good talk to my mum today who told me that people raise families on what I earn (whilst paying a mortgage), so I as a single woman should definitely be able to manage. I have no doubt I'll be able to manage, I just won't have as much as a cushion as I would like. But by doing the hard yards now, I think it will be worth it in the long run.

This weekend I am going to check out a couple of second hand furniture stores as I am looking for a bed. I am also going to buy my saucepans. My grandma gave me an early house warming gift of $200 and said I have to spend it on saucepans! So that's what I'm going to do!


1 comment:

  1. Well done on spending very little on Friday. This is the fun part gathering bits and pieces for your new home, it,s only normal to be nervous, so enjoy the experience.

    ReplyDelete