Friday, May 13, 2011

Grocery Update

I did try and carry out my scheduled post last night, but for some reason could not log in. I think Blogger was down. Apologies for being a bit late.

On Thursday, I went grocery shopping. As I said in my last post, I decided to do a fortnights worth of shopping. I came around $25 under budget. I have no idea if this is because I did the fortnight shop or because prices were good this week or because I didn't need as much. But I enjoyed the convenience of only needing to shop once a fortnight.

I actually have a day of cooking planned, all stuff that I can freeze and use throughout the week as I am not a fan of cooking after work.

How do you manage your grocery budget and menu plan? Would love to hear your stories.

1 comment:

  1. G'day! Just stumbled across your blog after reading a comment you put on 'Frugal Zeitgeist'. I also write a menu and stick to it religiously. I hate waste - whether of money, time, food or other resources - so enjoy planning ahead. However I actually shop much more frequently than you do. Once a week for non-perishable groceries, and several times a week for fresh fruit, veges and milk. I'm lucky enough to have a farm shop (run by a family who have a market garden) walking distance from my house, so it is easy to call in there and get super-fresh produce whenever I need it. One trick I use is to withdraw a set amount of cash each week to purchase food, so there's no danger of blowing my budget. If there's any left over I'm allowed a little splurge ...

    Cheers ;-) Karin (a fellow frugalista)

    ReplyDelete