Saturday, May 28, 2011

Lending a Hand

I didn't keep to my new posting schedule this week because I was away on business. I thought I'd have a lot of free time but I was flat out. I shall return to my regular posting schedule this week :)

Yesterday I sat down with my older brother to discuss finances. He bought a house around five months ago and is having some trouble affording it. So we sat down and went through things. It seems that he bought more than he could comfortably afford. He is stripped down as bare as he can go so I decided it was now a matter of ensuring he spends wisely with the little money he does have.

I explained to him menu planning and a shopping lists. He was completely taken by it. My brother is very fit and active and thus has a huge appetite. Therefore, unless he is careful, he can end up spending an awful lot of money on food each week.

It was quite funny how excited he got upon hearing these ideas. He actually just called me to tell me what he had put on his menu plan. He's writing his list and then hitting the grocery store.

It actually feels really good to get someone else into frugality! That is what this blog is meant to do but I didn't anticipate the whole lack of readers thing. So this will do in the meantime :)

No comments:

Post a Comment