Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Fitness on a Budget

I am one of those very lucky people that gets a free gym membership with my job. I know how lucky I am too! Despite this, some of my colleagues still choose to join the fancier gyms like Fitness First. This baffles me, what a waste of money! Anyway, I digress.


I don’t actually use the gym that often. I use it more in winter as it’s just too cold to be outside, but when the weather is nice, I utilise the outdoors to get my training done!


I know some people don’t live in safe areas and thus cannot go running after work. I’m lucky that I can and I try to do so, either late in the afternoon or occasionally between classes if I have the time. I don’t think anyone needs a gym membership to keep fit. It’s easy to head outside and go for a run, or even a walk if running isn’t your thing. In the comfort of your own living room, you can do sit ups, push ups, squats and lunges- none of which need expensive equipment.


I know there are certain situations that does not make this possible, but for the most part, I think it can be done without hurting the wallet!


No comments:

Post a Comment