Monday, September 7, 2009

Living Paycheck to Paycheck

I was reading an article today that said something like 65% of Americans live paycheck to paycheck. I imagine that number would be similar in Australia.

This scared me!

I was once paying for something on a card, but I wasn't actually sure if there was money on the card, I just couldn't remember. That was a horrible feeling. I actually felt sick to my stomach and held my breath as the transaction processed. Luckily, there was money on it and everything was fine.

I could not imagine living this way day in and day out. Do any readers out there live like this? I'd love to hear your story.

It makes me even more determined to ensure my financial future so that, even if I can't enjoy life's luxuries, I can get by without this sinking feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment