Friday, September 4, 2009

Goals Have Changed

I am constantly altering my saving goals. You'll remember, when I first started this blog, I was saving up for a home deposit. Then my circumstances changed so I decided to pay off my car. Well I have one again changed my mind and will be channeling all my money into a home deposit.

Right now, this is $240 a fortnight. I will get a very significant pay rise in either December or January. Except for the first one or two pays, all that extra money will once again be channelled into a home deposit. I don't foresee my living expenses changing too significantly, so I should be able to put all that extra income into my deposit account.

This is both exciting and daunting. I am of the "now" generation. While I don't use credit cards to get everything now, I do get frustrated when my accounts only grow slowly. I wish I could have that deposit NOW, it would just make life so much easier.

But as in every aspect of life, the things you have to work for are the things that end up meaning the most to you!

2 comments:

  1. Buying my first place was extremely exciting! I'm glad to see that you're going about it in the right way and saving for a down payment :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Saving Diva! I was actually planning sometime this week to read back through your archives to get some inspiration and tips! Please keep reading!

    ReplyDelete