Monday, June 15, 2009

First Post

Hi and welcome to my blog! I have been reading personal finance blogs for around a year and a half now. On one or two occasions I have commented but for the most part, I've just read and read and read, taking in as much information as I possibly can.

I am very interested in personal finance and setting myself up for the future. I am a twenty one year old woman from Australia about to enter my final semester (yes!) of university. I earn around $42 000 a year and am guaranteed a full time job come graduation. I will also graduate with no student loan debt. In my first year of uni, I went thirds in an investment property with my parents and my brother, and thus have a mortgage debt. Around four months ago, I bought (and financed) a car of which I do not regret. Last year I travelled to Vietnam and over Christmas spent three weeks in Europe- both of which I was able to do without going into debt. My brother and I invested $10 000 in shares at the beginning of the year, of which I borrowed my half from him. I have paid some of it back and still owe him $2500.

This is basically my financial standing in a nutshell. After I graduate, I am moving to begin my career. Once I get there, my brother and I plan to purchase our second property. It will be an investment for him however, I will live in it as we both pay off the mortgage. The reason behind this blog is to motivate me to save for my new home, manage my money correctly and learn a bunch of things along the way!

Please read and comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment