Monday, June 22, 2009

Study Break

I'm taking a much needed study break and thought I would update. I don't actually think anyone reads this but you never know.

Last October, around the time we were getting our pay rises, it turns out that pay made an error and forgot to take out my monthly deduction for food. I am required to pay for my food whether I eat it or not, sort of like a meal plan at many universities I suppose. As I knew I was getting a pay rise around this time, I didn't notice that they had stopped taking money out for my meals. In February this year, this error was brought to my attention. Despite it not being my fault, I was required to pay the money back, over $2000! They simply took an extra $150 out of my paycheck each fortnight until the debt was paid.

On Thursday, I will pay a further $22 toward that debt and then, it is all paid off! I will have another $150 coming my way each pay. This is very exciting for me.

Any ideas on what I should do with this extra $150?

No comments:

Post a Comment