Monday, June 29, 2009

I waited a whole week!

I went shopping last week for something for my computer. I had to go into a clothes shop I'd never shopped in as my sister (who lives in another state) wanted me to look at a dress she was thinking of buying. She wanted me to approve it for her, so I headed in and took a look at it.

I discovered this was actually a very nice shop. Its prices were mid-range and I saw some things I really liked. I saw one top in particular for $60. I really like it. It was classy and could be used as business attire, going out with some friends to a nice restaurant or even heading out for some cocktails. I really loved it.

However, I just looked as I am, as always, trying to save money. I figured I'd think about it and if I really wanted it, I could come back sometime this week and buy it. Well, it has been on my mind the entire time and I just know it will nicely complement my wardrobe. I think $60 is a reasonable price, especially given how much use I will get out of it and how classic it is, I'll be able to wear it for many years to come.

Impulse buying can kill any budget. However, sometimes you do see something and you just instantly have to have it! I think this waiting thing is quite helpful. It made me realise exactly how much I wanted it, it allowed me to ensure I had the money to buy it and it also gave me something to look forward to.

So this afternoon, when I head out to help my friend with something, I am going to purchase the top. I've even planned when I'm going to wear it first! On Thursday night I'm heading out to dinner to celebrate a friend's birthday and I'll be looking glamorous in my new top!

No comments:

Post a Comment